How to Buy a Laptop in India
How to Buy a Laptop in India
First-time laptop buyer always has this question in their mind which laptop to buy, which brand is best in the market right now, and from where to buy. If you are in the process of buying a new laptop this article may help you in eliminating confusion and assist you in the course of buying. Very first thing u need to think of your requirement. The configuration and requirement for a basic user and AutoCAD designer are completely different and if you are not choosing the right device you are simply wasting your money. No matter what brand of the laptop you buy you will not be happy if you chose a device which does not meet your need. You get 1 year of warranty on any new laptop you buy no matter what brand is but the catch is how convenient it is to get the warranted claim & their service center. Recently I had brought Smart Watch which got some issue and when contacted customer care via email they asked me to courier it to the service center which was some 1000Kms far from me.
- Brand: There are lots of laptop brands in the market but only a few are in the best in terms of build quality, reliability & performance, in my opinion, Dell makes the best laptops, next I will suggest HP if your budget is tight and want to stick with some high-end configuration HP laptops can rescue you here, third and last in my opinion will be Lenovo apart from these there are few more like Acer, Asus and more. I always prefer the brand based on their after-sales service and the time they take to resolve your issues. Believe me, Dell sends a technician at your place to get your laptop repaired if found any issue when under warranty (For Hardware Issue Only).
- Configuration: This is the cornerstone of your decision before buying a laptop, I will categorize users in 3 groups. Group A, B & C.
- Now let’s say group A is a bank employee or similar job he will mostly using his laptop for Internet browsing, Word, Excel, PPT, PDF, online videos, etc & limited small games for him any 14 Inch laptop with Intel i3 processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB of the hard drive is enough.
- Now the group B is a student who is studying can go for 14 or 15 inch Intel i3 or i5 processor, 8GB of RAM & 500GB of hard disk if there is an option of SSD “choose SSD only” any extra bucks you spend on SSD instead of traditional Hard Drive will pay you off in future [Laptop with SSD “Solid State Drive” perform X3 time faster and has a very good resale value].
- Now group C is a freelancer, any designer, programmer or a photographer must only go with 15 Inch intel i5 or i7 processor, with 16GB RAM, 256GB / 512GB SSD (for OS) with additional 1TB of a secondary hard drive.
- Where to Buy: Once you have written down what configuration to buy you can search it on Amazon or Flipkart using a filter of configuration, brand, etc of your choice from the results you can write down the exact model number, I will suggest select at least 3 from the result which you can search on youtube later to check the look of the laptop, once you finalize you can buy it from online or offline from store If you are planning to buy it online check if there any upcoming sales and if that pricing is same as store I will suggest buying from store as they may give you some accessory for free while buying. Some stores may try to convince you to buy which is not of your choice just remember one thing that you know your requirements better than anyone else.