Honest Opinion from Bombay Techies
Everyone loves their Apple Macbook until it breaks down and make you a freak so we decided to take our time out and write this content which may or may not be helpful right now but surely it will be worth reading one never know what we may come across in future like you on this page. 5 points we will share now are our own opinion and experience which we have gained in last 7 years.
Here We GO!
- Antivirus: It a software that can protect you from online threats but does your Mac need one? Here is a simple answer NO, As there are very unlikely chances that Mac can get infected (If your macOS is up to date) and if you do not use your Mac for random those pink websites then nothing to worry about even when using an outdated website & yea if you download random anything from an unknown website like a movie, songs instead of App Store you can better get one. The only reason we hate antivirus personally antivirus on macOS is that it keeps on scanning in the background which makes your device slow, drains the battery fast, heats ups. So in short if it’s a windows laptop get one right now and if it’s a macOS think.
- Update: You were working & you get “UPDATE NOTIFICATION” you click on update now & then system never boots back or in another case you click on update now & post update your fast laptop takes 2 mins to open chrome? We are not blaming updates all we are saying do you need that update? Or Does your machine has the power to work on that update (2012 MacBook Pro running on Catalina) so before you process the update do google about the about reading and then process, of course, you can call & ask we will be happy to say YES or NO.
- Adding Case: Hardshell Case, Wooden Case, etc stop installing those on that macbook it impacts the ventilation & loosens the hinge due to that extra weight that is the reason apple officially never made one all are the third party build the best to keep from scratches is “SLEEVES CASE” which you can buy from Apple official website or any third party build it fine here is the link https://www.apple.com/in/shop/mac/accessories/cases-protection
- Extended Warranty: Buy an extended warranty from apple or anyone but buy it the macbook which is built post-2018 are very fragile even a small issue can cost you 10,000 rupees and above in INDIA for any reason if your device is dead you can reach our macbook repair center for repair on 977-300-4903
- Time Machine Backup: The external hard drive will cost you only 4000 INR but will save a lot in case of mishap most of the macbook build post-2018 has inbuilt storage which means if the logic board dies the cost of data recovery is very huge. Western Digital (WD) or Seagate is a good brand for taking backup. Remember always take “Time Machine Backup”