Do’s & Don’ts to Be Kept In Mind While Cleaning MacBook Screen
Do you also have fingerprints or dust built up on your MacBook screen that makes it difficult for you to get a clear picture? If this is happening with you, then it is a sign that you need to clean the screen of your MacBook. And if you feel that it’s something internal which is causing this to happen, then you must reach out to technicians for Mac screen replacement. But in other case, before you go for cleaning the MacBook’s screen, you need to learn the do’s and don’ts because the screens are so sensitive that it can be prone to damage.
So, here we will look into some do’s and don’ts which you need to keep in mind while attempting cleaning of MacBook screen.
- Turn Computer Off: You need to turn off the screen so as to ensure that you get rid of all of the marks.
- Use a Soft Cloth: The technical experts suggest to use a microfiber towel to wipe the screen. These can easily remove the dirt, grime and dust without damaging the screen. The microfiber towel picks the debris up and does not leave any lint behind.
- Water or Special Cleaner if Necessary: If you notice that there are fingerprints or marks on the screen, then you need to slightly damp the towel and clean the screen off. But, use distilled water and not the regular tap water.
- No Harsh Cleaners: Do not use any glass cleaner or multi-purpose cleaner available in the market to wipe off the screen as it can damage the screen. This is because it contains alcohol or acetone which are considered to be harsh enough to remove the protective coating of the screen.
- No Abrasive Materials: Do not use paper towels for wiping the screen off as it will surely leave the lint particles behind on the screen. Also, they damage the screen. The tiny particles can probably scratch the screen and can also cause permanent damage. So, keep in mind that you do not use newspapers, tissues, bath towels or napkins for the same purpose.
- Do Not Spray Screen Directly: If you have a safe cleaner to be used on the screen, then ensure that you do not spray it directly on the screen as too much of moisture even for a second can cause severe damage.
- Do Not Push Down on Screen: While you are attempting to clean the screen off, experts of MacBook repair Mumbai recommend that you should not push down on the screen too much as it can put extra pressure that can cause permanent damage.
Bombay Computers being the top rated & best Macbook repair Mumbai, offering same day, instant repair & services for your Apple laptop.